Source Insight ™ Version 4.0
End-User License Agreement
IMPORTANT-READ CAREFULLY: This Source Insight End-User License Agreement (“EULA”) is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or a single entity) and Source Dynamics, Inc. (“Source Dynamics”). This EULA governs the Source Dynamics software identified above, which includes the User Manual, any associated software components, any media, any printed materials other than the User Manual, and any “online” or electronic documentation (“Software”). By installing, copying, or otherwise using the Software, you agree to be bound by the terms of this EULA. If you do not agree to the terms of this EULA, Source Dynamics is unwilling to license the Software to you. In such event, you may not install, copy, or use the Software.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE
(a) Evaluation Copy. You are licensed to use the Software without charge on a non-exclusive, personal, non-transferable, revocable and limited evaluation basis for thirty (30) days from the day that you install the Software. You must pay the license fee and register your copy to continue to use the Software after the thirty (30) days. You may not use the Software in any manner if you do not pay the license fee and register the Software after such thirty (30) day period. If you continue to use the Software after the thirty (30) day period without paying the license fee and registering you will be using the Software on an unlicensed an unauthorized basis.
(b) Registered Copy. After you have purchased the license for Software, and have received the serial number enabling the registered copy, you are licensed on a non-exclusive, perpetual, non-transferable (except as expressly provided below), revocable and limited basis to copy the Software only into the memory of the number of computers corresponding to the number of licenses purchased. The primary user of the computer on which each licensed copy of the Software is installed may install and use the Software on up to two other computers for his or her exclusive use. For example, a user may install the Software on two desktop computers, plus a laptop computer, provided that no other user accesses the Software. Under no other circumstances may the Software be operated at the same time on more than the number of computers for which you have paid a separate license fee. In virtualization environments, such as a terminal server or any other application server environment, you must acquire and dedicate a license to the Software for each computing device that uses the Software from the terminal server, application server, or other virtualization environment. You may not distribute, copy, or duplicate the Software in whole or in part, except that you may make copies of the Software for backup or archival purposes. You may terminate this license at any time by destroying the original and all copies of the Software in whatever form. You may permanently transfer all of your rights under this EULA, provided you send written notice of such request to Source Dynamics and Source Dynamics in its discretion consents in writing to such transfer, including conditions that you transfer all copies of the Software (including copies of all prior versions if the Software is an upgrade) and retain none, the recipient agrees to the terms of this EULA and any other conditions required by Source Dynamics.
2. RESTRICTIONS; RESERVATION OF RIGHTS. You may not reverse engineer, de-compile, or disassemble the Software, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation. You may not rent, lease, or lend the Software. You may not publish or publicly distribute any serial numbers, access codes, unlock-codes, passwords, or other end-user-specific registration information that would allow a third party to activate the Software without a valid license. You may not include the Software in any new compilations, such as software collections on CD-ROM, or redistribute the Software in any electronic format or otherwise without prior written consent of Source Dynamics in its discretion. The licenses granted to you in this EULA for the Software are conditioned upon your compliance with the terms and conditions of this EULA, including, without limitation, payment of license fees. Source Dynamics reserves all rights not expressly granted to you in this EULA.
3. TERMINATION. You may terminate this license at any time by destroying the original and all copies of the Software in whatever form. Upon termination, you agree to immediately cease using the Software. Without prejudice to any other rights, Source Dynamics may immediately terminate this EULA if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of this EULA, including, without limitation, payment of license fees. In such event, you must destroy the original and all copies of the Software in whatever form.
4. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS. The Software is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. You acknowledge that no title to the Software or the intellectual property in the Software is transferred to you. You further acknowledge that title and full ownership rights to the Software will remain the exclusive property of Source Dynamics and you will not acquire any rights to the Software except as expressly set forth in this license. Source Dynamics reserves ownership of all intellectual property rights inherent in or relating to the Software, which include, but are not limited to, all copyright, patent rights, all rights in relation to registered and unregistered trademarks (including service marks), confidential information (including trade secrets and know-how) and all rights other than those expressly granted by this EULA. You agree that any copies of the Software will contain the same proprietary notices which appear on and in the Software.
5. ACTIVATION OF LICENSE. You acknowledge that the Software requires you to activate the license over the Internet before using it. You have the option to provide your name and email address when activating the Software. The activation process sends this information and your machine’s hardware fingerprint securely to the Source Dynamics licensing server. The Software may contact the Source Dynamics licensing server from time to time in order to authenticate the license and monitor compliance with its use.
6. EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. You acknowledge that the Software is subject to U.S. export jurisdiction. You agree to comply with all applicable international and national laws that apply to the Software, including, without limitation, the U.S. Export Administration Regulations, as well as end-user, end-use, and destination restrictions issued by U.S. and other governments. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree that you will not export or re-export the Software to any country, person, entity, or end user subject to U.S.A. export restrictions. You warrant and represent that neither the U.S.A. Bureau of Export Administration nor any other federal agency or other government has suspended, revoked or denied your export privileges.
7. LIMITED WARRANTY; EXCLUSIVE REMEDY; DISCLAIMERS.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED HEREUNDER "AS IS". SOURCE DYNAMICS MAKES AND USER RECEIVES NO WARRANTIES IN CONNECTION WITH THE PRODUCT, OR MODIFICATIONS OR IMPROVEMENTS THERETO, DELIVERED HEREUNDER, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR IN ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT OR COMMUNICATION BETWEEN SOURCE DYNAMICS AND USER. SOURCE DYNAMICS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE OR TRADE PRACTICE.
Source Dynamics does not warrant that the Software, its use, operation or your ability to use the Software will be uninterrupted or error-free or that all Software errors will be corrected. The limited warranty set forth above shall not apply to any defect or problems caused by any defect in any hardware or software used in combination with the Software, or use of the Software in execution environments not specified in the Documentation. Source Dynamics does not warrant that the Software or service will meet your requirements or that the operation of the Software will be uninterrupted or error free. EXCEPT FOR THE FOREGOING THE SOFTWARE AND ANY SERVICES PROVIDED "AS IS," WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE, LAW, SOURCE DYNAMICS AND ITS SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, WITH RESPECT TO THE SOFTWARE AND THE ACCOMPANYING WRITTEN MATERIALS OR SERVICES PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH THIS EULA. This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may have others, which vary from state to state. Any warranties that by law survive the foregoing disclaimers shall terminate ninety (90) days from the date you downloaded or otherwise received the Software.
Provision of Software under this License Agreement is experimental and shall not create any obligation for Source Dynamics to continue to develop, productize, support, repair, offer for sale or in any other way continue to provide or develop Software either to you or to any other party.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL SOURCE DYNAMICS OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR ANY OF ITS LICENSORS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR AFFILIATES OF ANY OF THE FOREGOING BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF THE DELIVERY, PERFORMANCE, OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE, OR THE PROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE SUPPORT SERVICES, OR OTHERWISE UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY PROVISION OF THIS EULA, , EVEN IF SOURCE DYNAMICS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY DAMAGES THAT YOU MIGHT INCUR FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL DAMAGES REFERENCED ABOVE AND ALL DIRECT OR GENERAL DAMAGES), , SOURCE DYNAMICS’S ENTIRE LIABILITY UNDER ANY PROVISION OF THIS EULA AND YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO AND SHALL NOT EXCEED IN ANY EVENT ACTUAL DAMAGES INCURRED BY YOU BASED ON REASONABLE RELIANCE UP TO THE GREATER OF THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID BY YOU FOR THE SOFTWARE OR U.S.$5.00. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS, EXCLUSIONS AND DISCLAIMERS SHALL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, EVEN IF ANY REMEDY FAILS ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
9. U.S. GOVERNMENT RESTRICTED RIGHTS. The Software is provided with RESTRICTED RIGHTS. Use, duplication, or disclosure by the Government is subject to restrictions as set forth in subparagraph ©(1)(ii) of The Rights in Technical Data and Computer Software clause of DFARS 252.227-7013 or subparagraphs ©(i) and (2) of the Commercial Computer Software-Restricted Rights at 48 CFR 52.227-19, as applicable. Manufacturer is Source Dynamics, Inc., 22525 SE 64th Place, Suite 260, Issaquah, WA 98027, USA.
10. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES. You agree to immediately notify Source Dynamics in writing of any misuse, misappropriation or unauthorized use, disclosure, display or copying of the Software that may come to your attention. In addition, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold Source Dynamics, its suppliers and any of its licensors, directors, officers, employees or affiliates of any of the foregoing harmless from any and all claims resulting from or arising out of your use of the Software or breach of this EULA.
11. CHOICE OF LAW AND VENUE. This EULA and all related matters shall be interpreted under and controlled by the laws of the State of Washington, and you consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in the state and federal courts sitting in the State of Washington.
12. MISCELLANEOUS. This EULA is the complete agreement between Source Dynamics and you and supersedes all prior agreements, oral or written, with respect to the subject matter hereof. Sections 3, 4, and Sections 6 through 13 will survive the termination or expiration of this EULA for any reason. If any provision of this EULA is held to be void, invalid, unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions shall continue in full force and effect.
If you have any questions concerning this EULA or wish to contact Source Dynamics for any reason, please write: Source Dynamics, Inc., 22524 SE 64th Place, Suite 260, Issaquah, WA 98027, USA; or call (425) 557-3630; or send electronic mail to email@example.com.
“Source Insight” and “Source Insight 4.0” are trademarks of Source Dynamics, Inc.
Source Insight is copyright © 1987-2015 by Source Dynamics, Inc., All rights reserved.
Copyright Notices for Third-Party Software
The Source Insight Software installation contains the following additional third-party libraries in binary code.
Perl Compatible Regular Expression (PCRE) Library
Written by: Philip Hazel
Email local part: ph10
Email domain: cam.ac.uk
University of Cambridge Computing Service,
Copyright (c) 1997-2015 University of Cambridge
All rights reserved.
The "BSD" License
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
* Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
* Neither the name of the University of Cambridge nor the name of Google Inc. nor the names of their contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
The sidiff.exe program included with Source Insight is linked with a diff library that is Copyright (c) 2004 Michael B. Allen <mba2000 ioplex.com>
The “MIT” License
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.