Browse Project Symbols
Lists all the symbols in the current project. From this dialog box, you can
• Find symbols based on parts of their names.
• Look at symbol definitions.
• Jump to symbol definitions.
• Insert a call to a function into your source file.
• Generate a cross-reference listing.
The Browse Project Symbols command automatically selects the first word in the selection before the dialog box comes up. The word is also loaded into the symbol name text box of the dialog box. The word is selected so that you can use the Insert buttons to replace the symbol name.
Tip: Instead of using this dialog box, which is modal, you can use the Project Window’s symbol list view. The Project Window is modeless; it can float or dock to the side of the application window. Furthermore, the Context Window shows the declaration of the item you select in the Project Window symbol list.